twitter updates...

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

up to a buck eighty

yep...a week ago Satuday running with Lucy and chasing Susie...after we finished, Lucy, my 4-legged girl friend and I were walking across Riverside to Starbucks and I found the most mangled, bent penny that I have ever picked up...$1.70 now...then last Friday, Derrick and I were running east on 91st between Mingo & 169 and I found a dime (easier to find coins when you are running in the middle of the street, some call it the turn lane..we think it is a running path), I was grateful that Derrick got up early and ran with me on his day off...I appreciate him...now sitting at $1.80...I need someone to drop some paper so I can get this number up a bit higher...before I started keeping track of the running coins I did find a five dollar bill in the middle of the trail just off of Riverside under a bridge a couple of years ago as I ran...a five dollar bill at the car wash at about 80th & Memorial, IMO best car wash in town...one thing I do is, walk through and look for coins that have been left accidentally above the coin drops, I know I am cheap but I do it and have found quite a few coins, mostly quarters at various car washes...and yes I pick up pennies, especially near the vaccums...again, at the car wash at 8oth & Memorial here in Tulsa quarters will often be dropped in the drain that runs the length of the car wash but they will get stopped up on dirt or debris that is visible through the grate...FYI, you can lift these grates off and get the coins...yes, I lift the grates and get me a quarter(s) then replace the grate...have not figured out how to do this without getting my jeans wet on the knee...go ahead, laugh at me I can take it...

No comments: