twitter updates...

Thursday, October 18, 2007

'faith is the willingness to look foolish'

I love hearing the creation story of organizations so I asked Gary about the genesis of IJM. Gary Haugen, Founder and President of the International Justice Mission was working at the Department of Justice where he was exposed to high doses of injustice and he felt like he needed to do something about it so he started IJM. He said he had no idea it would become what it is. In fact, he told me he had to picture the endeavor failing and going home to live with his parents and be ok with that. I found that fascinating. And it resonated with me. Gary said he had to come to terms with the potential downside: personal humiliation. I honestly think the willingness to fail is at the heart of faith. Faith is the willingness to look foolish. copied from mark Batterson at www.evotional.com

No comments: