twitter updates...

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How to be Rich

Blessed this week with the 1st message in the series
'How To Be Rich', Good News, Bad News 1 Timothy 6:17-19
1) the good news is your rich
Eccl. 5:19
*If your going to be good at being rich, you have to first admit you are rich.
*God has blessed me with more than I need, I'm rich!
2) the bad news is your rich
Luke 18:24-25
The problems with being rich...
*it is harder for you to depend on God!
*it distracts you from true priorities!
*you have a greater responsibility!
1 Timothy 6:17-19 again....

Craig mentioned how blessed and how rich we are in comparison to the rest of the world...most of us have homes, a car (or cars), and even homes for our cars (garages)...we also have all the food we need to eat and much, much more than we need...not much to worry about...bottom line because of this great country in which we live we are spoiled beyond belief, most of us really cannot even glimpse how blessed we are...I pray that the Lord will burn that upon my heart in the days ahead!....I often find myself comparing what I have or want to what someone else has or is...this is not who I want to be and is certainly not what the Lord has called me to do...I am to be more Christlike in all I do!...I am excited to see how the Lord will use the next couple of messages in this series to impress upon my heart what He wants me to hear...good stuff! how blessed we are to be a part of what the Lord is doing at and through Lifechurch .....I am in awe of what I see...I have a great sense of expectancy about tomorrow and how this ministry will be used all over the world....

No comments: