twitter updates...

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oops! you can tell ....

this morning as we got back into the running routine after being out of town and not feeling real well…head out with my LC friends to go 5 or so…about 3 miles in I stub the left toe and proceed to fall to the ground…thankfully I fell towards the grass and not on the concrete as has happened in the past that tends to draw blood on the knees and the palms…yep, maybe I am a klutz…where am I going here?…you can tell who your friends are by the way they respond…there were 5 of us, 4 males (myself included) and 1 four-legged female, the only one who appeared real concerned was Lucy, my female yellow lab who was busy licking me as I was there on the ground…yes, the LC fellas were asking but Lucy was using that big ol tongue making sure all was okay…I knew there was a reason she came with me today to make it all better…what a pain to feel a twinge in the same muscle for about the fourth time in the last 6 weeks or so…the facts of getting older….however, I am grateful for these men who I get to run with, discuss life with, and have fellowship...thanks! you guys are awesome!...I appreciate you!

2 comments:

Derrick Henslee said...

Steve, I totally would have licked your wound too if I didn't think you would have punched me. HA! I really appreciate you man. You're a great friend and a model, in my mind at least, of how a Christian should respond to people.

I love the encouragement...the chiding and the general concern you have for others. It is a real blessing that you allow someone a few years younger to run with you and not get tired of!

steve said...

Derrick, thanks!...I appreciate you! It is a pleasure to spend time together and for you (and others) to keep me accountable...I enjoy the time!