twitter updates...

Monday, June 09, 2008

backslapping not backbiting...

copied/stolen from Mark Batterson today, from National Community Church in Wash DC who is participating in One Prayer.....I took out the church name and shortened this, but the point is the same, let's be about backslapping and not backbiting!

I think there are basically two kinds of people. People who are doing things and people who aren't doing things but they need something to do so they take potshots at people who are doing things.

Come on, folks. Let's be about the Father's business.

Can I be brutally honest? The psychological tendency to try to feel better about ourselves by pointing out what's wrong with someone else is immaturity at its worst. And no where is it more prevalent than the church or in believers.

Am I saying the church or someone is perfect? No. Neither am I. And neither are you. But instead of backbiting maybe we should try backslapping.

But I'm fiercely loyal to those who have made an investment in my life. So when someone is taking some shots on the chin, I want to be the guy on the other side saying thanks!

1 comment:

Dave Ingland said...

Hey Steve, I just followed the link from your post to my blog and saw this. Isn't it amazing how we both posted about similar things just one day apart? Obviously God wants to bring this issue to the attention of others and hopefully we'll see things like this negativity just stop completely.