twitter updates...

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Seth!

Seth, our oldest boy is 24 today...hard to belive that 24 years ago today at St Johns Hospital in Tulsa, Seth Douglas was born. Name after both of his grandfather's, Seth now lives in Oklahoma City and goes to hair design school in Edmond. He will finish school this summer and begin working at ??. I am confident that Seth will do well! At the age of 21 and 22 were Susie and I ready to be parents, not sure but here we are today. I remember talking to Susie on the phone when she was at the hospital with Seth and heard him crying in the background. I said please ask the Dr. when he will stop crying, his answer, when he is 18. Then we took him home to our apartment, he was a good little boy/baby but I do remenber him crying for quite a while one night and the only thing that would calm him was walking circles in our small kitchen as he looked at the light. The joys of parenting or of learning to parent. We are still learning.

We will leave here shortly for OKC and go see Seth. He will cut Susie's hair this afternoon, we will take him to dinner this evening and probably go shopping with/for him a bit. Looking forward to spending the time together.

Seth, I am proud of U! I believe in U! Have a wonderful day! Love, dad

2 comments:

Judy Harrison said...

Seth Douglas ! My first grandchild. How very special he is and I love him so much.

Mr. Wonderful said...

My, my how time flies when you are having so much fun. 24 years ago today---- WOW !!! Happy birthday Seth--- love you--