twitter updates...

Friday, May 30, 2008

...want to be about Hugs!...

my brother posted today about being disrupted at times that irritate him...my mom then followed up with a comment saying, "don't get bent out of shape when you are disturbed by a little one", then she went on to say, "how Steven Curtis Chapman would like to be disrupted by his 5 year old girl Maria today" ...ouch...makes me stop and think, how I often find myself bothered or disrupted when my children call me or talk to me when I am busy...even when my 22 or 24 year old call me as they are away at school or when my other 4 children, even being 16 to 21 years old speak to me I need to not even consider it a disturbance but an opportunity...I need to be about giving out physical hugs and word hugs to each of them...Lord, do a work in my life today!...Lord, I know what to do but I don't do it! (I am an idiot!)...I am reminded of Philippians 2:5 today, "in my life I must think and act like Christ." Seeking to remember this verse continually! then to have and express a heart of gratefulness for my wonderful children and my beautiful wife! Hugs!

1 comment:

Michael Harrison said...

Ouch! Big Brother. I heard it from God. Then I heard it from Mom. Then I hear it from you. THEN I hear it again from God. Like I need to get this...Yes, Lord! Easy answer. Tough application. But I love my kids and I want them to see God living and breathing through me. Thank you.