twitter updates...

Monday, November 05, 2007

serve and love one another.....life choices?...

was having a discussion with one of my girls this weekend about a young man in her life...our discussion centered around the way she felt she was being treated because she was unhappy and hurt...I asked her if she ever saw his parents mistreat each other in anyway, no!...do you see the dad serving and loving the mom, the mom loving and serving the dad, yes!...what you see in their parents is probably what you can expect from him and what you receive today is what you might expect tomorrow.....how about at our house...do you see me doing things to your mother or acting in ways that I shouldn't?...she said no even though there are times when I am not what I should be...the bottom line is that I want her relationship to be one in which she and her friend understand that they are to treat each other (serve) in the manner in which Jesus has called, no commanded us to serve and love each other....this is the example that I want her to see at home and I can do a better job of this...it reminds me of my need to be more like Jesus and as Phillippians 2:5 says 'in my life I must think and act like Christ'....praying that my children will see Godly relationships...see their parents serving and loving each other and that this would be their expectations as they move toward the life changing decision of whom the Lord would have them marry....what an honor for my girls to look for someone like their daddy and for the boys to look for someone like their mommy....Susie and I pray that we will be a Christlike example to our precious children.....

No comments: