twitter updates...

Monday, November 26, 2007

shut your mouth please.....

reading a post this morning at www.stevenfurtick.com about rumors...speaking to his experience of how rumors can affect the work of the Lord when they are spread about those in ministry....Furtick said, "I have tried to remain devoutly committed to the sacred practice of keeping my mouth shut when presented with the opportunity to say something negative about someone God is using. Even when the criticism is valid (because even the most anointed people stumble and fall), I see no value in spreading the criticism like gangrene. Now, if I have a relationship of influence with the person, I do my best to talk with the person about the issue in a spirit of love and encouragement. I’m not talking about sweeping stuff under the rug. But if I can’t talk to the person, I’d rather pray for them than talk about them. That’s just my philosophy. It has served me well. And it is thoroughly Biblical.

So, whether it’s how much Joyce Meyer’s jet cost, what cuss word Mark Driscoll said, or the dumb decision your pastor made last week, do yourself and the Kingdom of God a favor:
Speak truthfully, pray sincerely, and then practice the sacred act of shutting up. After all:Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls.

awesome thought! our toungue can be so harmful to others and to the work the Lord wants to do in our lives and that of others...when there is gossip flee, don't be a part...when there are rumors...don't participate and do your part to stop them....

No comments: