twitter updates...

Friday, December 07, 2007

I enjoy sports, especially...

the last couple of days I have been listening to the 'Sharing the Victory' radio program through FCA...hosted by Ron Brown, Mr. Brown was on staff at Nebraska with Tom Osborne (a Christian and who was recently voted 'The Greatest College Football Coach of All Time' at espn.com, a true honor but the greatest that could be said is that Tom Osborne did it right, plus as a follower of Jesus Christ) and Frank Solich but after Mr. Solich was relieved of his duties a few years ago Ron Brown became the Nebraska state FCA director....I had read in the past about Ron and his solid commitment to the Lord when at Nebraska so I have followed him and was excited to hear that he had recently accepted a postion on Bo Pellini's (incoming Nebraska coach) staff for the coming year...anyway, through google I found that he was with FCA and hosting the weekly 'Sharing the Victory' radio show...I have listened to a few of the recent programs (downloadable free at iTunes or at http://www.sharingthevictory.com/) bottom line great stuff...it is exciting to hear interviews with great coaches, players, ex-coaches, ex-players, many of these involved in ministry but above all each appears to have a heart for their peers and/or players to understand the true meaning of a relationship and the need for Jesus in their lives...I am excited to listen a few more programs and keep up on a weekly basis...Ron Brown is the real deal, even though I am not a Nebraska fan I will be pulling for Ron Brown as he continues his ministry and work in mentoring, loving, and developing young men for the kingdom...he is going to continue to host the STV program along with his coaching duties...I was also impressed that both Tony Dungy and Bobby Bowden mentioned they had tried to hire him but he was committed to FCA and his home in Lincoln, which now includes going back to the Cornhusker program...best to you Ron Brown, Tom Osborne, Bo Pellini, and others in getting Nebraska back to national prominence...I am confident that the Lord will find favor on these men and their decisions...

No comments: