twitter updates...

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I'm trying to leave better children for my world."

Carlos Slim, the richest man in the world from Mexico........
The son of a Mexico City shopkeeper has built a staggering $59 billion fortune. This number puts him just ahead of perennial No. 1, Microsoft founder Bill Gates, whose net worth is estimated to be at least $58 billion.

Slim explained his life's work:
"Many people want to leave a better world for their children," he told the crowd. "I'm trying to leave better children for my world."

I thought this comment by Carlos Slim was very good. Impressed upon me that that the Lord has given me much, and much is required...I have a great responsibility!....for me that is to be a devoted Christ follower, show my children how I love my wife and their mother, and continue to and even do a better job of loving and nurturing my children, regardless of whether they are teenagers or adults.....

I do not know where this man stands spiritually...that is not my point....I cannot begin to fathom the dollars nor the desire for the money...but his words do speak to me.....

the article is here

No comments: