twitter updates...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

realtionship!...influence!...

I have been thinking and considering relationships the last few days…whether it is with my family, those I work with, worship and fellowship with, or others that I come in contact with…I was reminded in reading about the Cross and Crown Mission in OKC again last week of this…a young 16 year old girl who is pregnant, often homeless with no where to go…she attends there services at Rock Island (youth and childrens facility) and often comes by as needed if I understand correctly…what touched me is that one of the young men who is on staff there is married with three children of his own…what did his family do?...they had a family meeting and decided that she could move in with them, there family will not be a family of 5 but of 7…I began to think, that is nice of them to provide a room but as I read further it stated we are not about providing a room but desire to provide her a relationship…Wow!...on another note, Jim a fellow I work with recently gutted his garage and remodeled it to make room for his 90ish year old mother and her sister who need help daily and cannot take care of themselves…of course, I think Jim what are you doing!...then it dawns on me even though the 90ish year old women have the financial means to be cared for elsewhere…Jim and his family have said come stay with us…not because of anything other than relationship…that speaks to me….who is growing in this?...Jim said as much as anyone it is his 3 children who are seeing Jesus modeled before them…I want to and will work to further develop great relationships in my life…I want to see beyond just the conversation or something I may be involved with to develop a relationship that can grow…leading me to be stronger and that on both sides providing opportunities of influence…in both of these situations above, old and young alike are being influenced and in return there is growth in families!…growth in relationships!…opportunities for influence!...Lord, help me to grow in this area of my life…..

No comments: