twitter updates...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Race....awesome thoughts!

this is copied from the Buckhead church blog, posted by Carlos Whittaker from www.ragamuffinsoul.com

Race

Did you realize that Lance Armstrong won 7 Tour De France races in a row? If you are not a cycling fan, welcome to the club. It is just not that much of a spectator sport. So understand that this is coming from a guy who doesn’t watch the sport. The closest I’ve ever been to cycling was riding my mom’s 10 speed to Briarlake Elementary School in 4th grade thinking I was the coolest Latino on campus only to be made fun of because I was riding a chic bike. I was let know that a “boys” bike has a bar running parallel to the ground. Enough about my cycling career. How did he do it? I have never had cancer. I have never been in the hospital. I have never been faced with life or death. But many have. Many have stared death in the face. Most wilt under its gaze. But transfixed in my head is that clip that is shown in every Lance Armstrong story where he is cycling with no hair on his head or above his eyes. The chemotherapy was hard at work. But so was he. What clicks in his mind that allows such determination? I am a firm believer that God can work in whomever He pleases. The passion and endurance in Lance can only come from God. As a believer and privileged Ragamuffin I have the Living God breathing His breath into me day by day. But where is my passion? Where does it hide? I believe it is within us all. We just have to find it. It is late Monday night. Tomorrow I wake up and drive to Buckhead early in the morning to help create an environment to help people worship the Living God. Yet a man who wears a Yellow Jersey seems to have more passion than I. There is something fundamentally wrong with this picture. Tomorrow I pray I race toward the finish line of Christ Jesus as if I have stared death in the face and realized that it has no power over me. I pray that I run hard tomorrow with a renewed sense of passion that no song could ever bring me. Lord infuse in me that fire.I know Lance won the race.But we already have.

So why not run as if I believe it?

Carlos
Carlos Whittaker - SPD DirectorBuckhead Church

No comments: