twitter updates...

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

this will preach!.....

check out this post by Mark Batterson, wow! spoke to me as Rick Warren shared yesterday with a group of leaders in Washington DC at Ebenezer's.....about three temptations that leaders face.....
Integrity. 1) lust of the flesh
Generosity. 2) lust of the eyes
Humility. 3) pride of life
http://evotional.com/2008/02/integrity-humility-generosity.html
you don't have to be a pastor or on staff to be a leader or to gain some tremendous value in what Rick Warren shared.....for myself in business or as a father, I need to hear and listen to the Lord as I face the same temptations as others that I must guard against....good stuff....

two things Mark mentioned that really struck a chord with me.....
1) "I'd rather die than embarrass Jesus Christ."
2) .....humility! .....Rick's definition. Humility is not denying our strengths. It is admitting our weaknesses....wow! that will preach!

also saw where Jay Hardwick was there and I anticipate he will share some awesome insights as well in the next few days.....

1 comment:

Nathan said...

All really good points to consider. Thanks for those links.

Cheers.