twitter updates...

Thursday, February 21, 2008

this blessed me....

stolen from Mark Beeson, lead pastor at Granger Community Church.......

Mark shared.... One of My Heroes

I recently read an interesting proposition. I read that most people don’t attend church services to learn something new. Most people go to church to be reminded of those things they already know; they go to be reminded that life matters, that God cares, that hope and love can conquer despair, that sin exacts a great toll and Jesus is a Wonderful Savior.

That’s why I sat spellbound when Bill Hybels spoke so eloquently about the power of a life “fully devoted to Christ.” I already knew that. I knew a sold-out-life carries incredible power. I knew that, but it inspired me to hear him say it. His aide memoire really helped me.

“I remember when I crossed the line from adolescence to full devotion to Christ,” he said. He talked of one great truth; it is Christ-centered people who drive everything. Christ-centered people are the ones driving the work and ministry of Christ’s Church.

I already knew that. People who want nothing more than “to do whatever God wants them to do” have a huge impact.

I knew that.

You knew that.

Now to live like it….

No comments: